I went to a luncheon yesterday at a wonderful home in Capo Beach......2 acres of incredible yard. As I walked around the yard to capture it all in photos, they have 2 huge white geese that live in their backyard. They were honking and spitting at me as I approached to take their picture. They did not want their picture taken and were telling me so. In doing so, I missed the last step on the stairs I was coming down, skinned my knee and my nuckle on my left hand. All I could think of while I was falling was,
"Break your arm.......don't hit your head!!!"
Well, I didn't break anything or hit my head but I did do a number on my knee. It is almost like my whole knee cap is burned off.........Someone said is it the kind of scrape that you told your kids when they were little,
"Oh don't worry about that, shake it off, that doesn't hurt that bad!!"
It's that kind of scrape only it does hurt, it sticks to the sheets, my clothes, it will probably crack and bleed for an eternity!!! What a wuss am I!!!! I'm getting practice for the grandkids so I'm more compassionate when they have their first boo-boo.
Love,
Lisa (aka Klutz!) HaHa
P.S. I did get the photo though......Next time I'm skipping the photo opportunity and watching where I'm walking!! It has to have been 20 years since I've had a skinned knee like this one. It really smarts!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment