Hello for another day!
Last night was an incredible time to hear direct from Holocaust Survivor's their stories of what had happened to them during the war. Hitler was indeed an evil man but to hear the firsthand account about the various things that went on.........heartwrenching would be an understatement. There were 2 women and 2 men and then one daughter. All of their stories different. They all felt that they were not heroes but I feel they are.
Hero by definition is:
he·ro Pronunciation[heer-oh] –noun
a man or woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his/her brave deeds and noble qualities.
The people we met last night were both brave and noble to endure what they went through. I was honored to have been in their midst last night and I feel they were looked upon by the admiration of men but more importantly, the admiration of the Lord. That makes them a hero in my book! I could have sat there for a few more hours just listening to their accounts. Horrific in all ways but also so noble on their part.
re·demp·tion Pronunciation[ri-demp-shuhn] –noun
1.an act of redeeming or the state of being redeemed.
2.deliverance; rescue.
I would say these heroes were redeemed. I hope to attain the qualities of being redeemed and a hero. Good things to strive for. I'm most grateful that Christ redeemed me irregardless of my actions but I hope through my actions, Christ will know me and I will know him more and more.
Redemption is a good thing!
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment