I had the opportunity to speak yesterday at the Nursing Grand Rounds which is a quarterly class that is offered to the nurses in our area for continuing education. The topic yesterday was "Stroke Care" and I was their case study.
What an incredible opportunity to sit in the audience and hear first hand from those who cared for me as I was brought to them in the ambulance. They shared my vital signs in detail and had all of the comparison charts for me to see what is normal. Very clearly, I was very, very sick and at deaths door numerous times. They also very clearly showed me the perseverance in my care to never give up on me.
How does one express adequately "thank you" for a "do over" in life? To me, life feels like a second chance to get it right. I am determined to get it right and I will forever be grateful for the chance to do my life again.
Yesterday was very special for me and you should be able to see an article about the event and also my life in the OC Register very soon. As soon as the article is done, the reporter is supposed to let me know so we can all watch for it. I think it is going to be a great article and one that will highlight how special our medical professionals are and Mission Hospital. Be on the lookout for it. Should be some time next week. I will post again with details once I know.
Love,
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment