Well, Sunday was so perfect here in Sunny California! We had our usual breakfast at Bagel's and Brew and we had a surprise visit from two young ladies from Argentina that were visiting with the Compton's and Werner's. It was so much fun to sit and visit with them and get to know them. They were the translators for Howard and Sharon's last trip to Argentina. What a great opportunity for them to get to come to the U.S. and to visit with many people and see some of our beautiful country. One of the Compton's friends is a pilot for Alaska Airlines and he flew the girls to Seattle for two days also so what an amazing opportunity their English has brought to them.
We then headed to Laguna Beach for a very long walk for some much needed exercise. What a beautiful day it was today. We had a salad at Gina's (another favorite place of mine) I love their salad dressing and use to eat at the one in Newport Beach when I worked at Hurley. I forgot how good it was as it has been awhile since I've had Gina's. Brought back lots of Hurley memories for me.
Then we came home and we tried out our new Panini pan for dinner. I made Chicken Pesto sandwiches with Sweet Potato Fries. It was so good. The Sweet Potato Fries come already cut in a bag from Trader Joes. I buy two bags, toss them in 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper and bake on a foil lined pan at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. They are delicious and better for you than regular french fries. This is an easy dinner. I had to laugh as the Panini pan is made for Rachel Ray and Rachel Ray has nothing on me!!!! This dinner was delicious and less than 30 minutes of preparation and we were eating. We will do this one again and again.
The first day of "Daylight Savings" time was a success and Summer is on its way!!!! Longer and warmer days are in store. YEAH!!!!!!
~Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment