Thursday, March 6, 2008

Introducing Baby Hudgins


Amanda phoned me yesterday afternoon and they had a second ultrasound done. Baby is into the 7th week and they could see and hear the heart beating. Here is a picture of their baby!!!! Technology is amazing and it is so fun to be a small part of this journey with them. Amanda said she has had a cold the last couple of days but she is resting and trying to get well.

Yesterday I went to the hospital and met with Mary Kay Bader to drop off pictures of my aneurysm journey for her to use as she teaches other hospitals more aggressive protocol. She took me right away into the SICU to see some nurses, patients and other families that are walking this journey of healing that we all hope for. I was able to meet a family whose Father experienced an aneurysm rupture last Monday. He is now laying in the bed where I once laid. It was neat to reach out to this family and show them what is possible with recovery as I am quite a bit ahead of where they are at right now. I hope this brought some hope to them of what is possible. I have so much to be thankful for. It wasn't that long ago that I laid still as he lays right now.

I had another cooking class yesterday and it was really fun. It was at The Cottage in San Juan Capistrano and it will probably be the last one as they have sold The Cottage and are moving into doing other things. I've had many fun experiences there so it was with some sadness that it was my last class with them.

I hope everyone is having a good week......Wow, it is already Thursday. The time just seems to fly by. ~Lisa

3 comments:

Colleen Clapper said...

If I get to California one of these days... I have to have one of these delicious meals you keep writing about :)! Also, praying as you continue to reach out to others. Check out the devotion I sent to your e-mail.

Love,
Coll

Tammy Lane said...

Baby Hudgins looks like an angel!

Unknown said...

Technology is indeed amazing! I can see a proud Grandma developing.

Blessings,
Beth